CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tuesday in Ho Chi Minh City

First off, we received our luggage this morning...thank goodness!!! We took Lucy for her doctors appt and she weighed 16.5 lbs. Everything else looked great. We are getting ready to go shopping at the market and then we are going to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner with one of our adoption helpers. So far we've not ventured out with the eating. Lots of french fries! We did order pizza and it had an egg in the middle! Along with 'sausage' and whole green olives. It looks like we will be heading to Hanoi thurs. It's so hard to put things into words. It's just amazing here. I'm so greatful for everyone helping out so that I can be a part of this adventure...especially our mothers who are watching the boys... thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a nice time & everything seems to be going smooth for you! What a great experience! I wish I could be there with you! Take lots of pictures & keep us updated as you are able! Good Luck with the food! Haha! Sounds very interesting! Love & Miss you!

carrie said...

hi mom! its grant. things are goin pretty good.yesterday we went to pizza pro for about an hour. mrs.massmann has me tell whats goin on in vietnam every mornin. drew has real fun with gma. oh and on sunday, i thought a kernel was stuck in my tooth so i pushed on it and the tooth came right out! it looked like it was an adult tooth and if it is theres a little left over in my mouth so im gonna get a doctors appointment keep tellin us about your trip bye!
p.s. gmail still isnt workin.....

Mary Rosemann said...

I'm so happy that things are going well for all of you. The food there sounds so interesting......
Glad it's you. Just live off McDonalds. Lucy seems very healthly. Thank the Lord.

Love

Dawn (Mom of 3 boys) said...

Carrie,
Sounds like a great exciting time. I'm glad everything is going well and the baby is beautiful...tell your friend congrats! Not missing much here..but finally great weather. Jake and I love keeping up on your trip through your blog...keep enjoying and looking forward to hearing all about when you come home!
Dawn

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you guys!! What an AMAZING experience. It is incredible what different parts of the world look like when you have only existed in the mid-west (I am talking about myself here). My eyes well-up looking at Lucy. I am so touched. I am praying for you guys. Can't wait to talk to you in person!!!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, What a beautiful little girl Lucy is! My Lucy loves the pictures and the fact there is another Lucy out there:) Tell your friend we have all been praying for her and are very happy for her blessing. Keep in touch and we will see you soon. Lisa